Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Don't Eat Your Ice Cream While Riding An E-Bike

Tuesday my friend Chantelle and I were hanging out, and we decided we wanted to go into town. We live on the outskirts of our small little village, and it takes about 45 minutes to walk there. Chantelle had suggested we take the E-Bike (Or MoPed, whatever you want to call it) into town, cutting our time in half. So I said "Sure!" And went back to my house to ask my parents if I could go. My mom told us we could go, just as long as we wore pants instead of our shorts in case of road rash and to bring her back a chocolate bar. So, I pulled in a pair of sweats, and we raced out of there. (With helmets, obviously.) We got into town, I bought Chantelle and myself some ice cream (which was amazing, it had skittle bits in it) and my moms chocolate bar. We hung out outside the store for a bit, and I took off my sweat pants, still wearing my shorts underneath, because it was getting hot. Then, we had decided we would finish up our ice cream at the park and then go home, because my mother had told us to go in, get our stuff, and go out. So we hopped on the MoPed, I shoved my pants in the back compartment, and we were off. We went the long way around, avoiding the skate park because it was a little embarrassing, wearing our huge helmets while scooting along on this little electric bike, and wouldn't you know it....

WE CRASHED.

Yep, that's right. I wasn't wearing my sweat pants. A mirror broke, and worst of all, we dropped our ice creams. And you want to know the very worst part of not wearing my sweatpants? ROAD BURN. On my knee. Where I bend. And my elbow. ALSO WHERE I BEND.

Ugh. Every time I move I break open a scab. It hurts! But, you should be proud of me, random strangers, because I didn't cry! I was mostly upset about the ice cream :/

No comments:

Post a Comment