Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Overcoming Adversity: An English Project

We've been assigned a project for our English class to come up with stories and find poems and write a whole bunch of stuff about overcoming adversity. But the thing is, I don't know where to begin. I don't know how to overcome adversity. I'm a mess. Do I look like I know how to overcome adversity to you?

Besides, sometimes you don't overcome adversity. Sometimes you have to learn to cope with it.

And that's what I've been doing. I've been coping. Well, trying at least. But I'm not trying hard enough. At anything, really.

People are telling me to try harder though. But I feel like I do have potential to be better, but I am just such a failure to everyone that I can't. I'm such a stupid jerk because I'm just letting everyone down. I can't believe myself.

I've thought of killing myself.

But then again, how stupid is that? Just giving up like that? Besides, I'd probably screw that up, too. I'd end up getting put into a coma or something and my parents would be forced to keep me hospitalized. I would just eat all their money away (what money they even have anyways) and end up making them broke and poor. Like I don't do that already.

I want to promise everyone I'll do better, but I don't want people to be disappointed when they see me fail. I don't want to get their hopes up. Because I feel in my soul that I will let them down again.

I'm sorry.

I'll try to overcome adversity.

I'll try to overcome myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment